Developer idlesauce has launched ps4-5-eboot-dlc-patcher, a instrument that can assist with DLC points on PS4 FPKGs operating on PS5s.
Alright let’s unwrap this one as a result of it’s getting sophisticated simply to learn the title. Long story brief, in case you’re operating PS4 FPKGs on a hacked PS5, then this instrument is perhaps for you.
It sadly requires IDA Pro in the mean time, so will solely be reserved to the chosen few who can afford (or get their employer to pay for) the very costly decompiling instrument. Of course, it is extremely straightforward to think about that patched variations of the eboots shall be floating on the web quickly (and I’m additionally no idiot, I notice lots of people have “methods” to accumulate IDA Pro unofficially).
With that being mentioned, it might be nice to see updates to make this useable by the layman. Hopefully that is solely a primary step till extra “mainstream” instruments may be developed down the highway.
What is ps4-5-eboot-dlc-patcher
From the readme:
sceAppContentAddcontUnmount calls within the eboot to load dlcs from the identical pkg. This is made for ps4 fpkgs, operating on ps5, the place dlc fpkgs dont work, though i assume it may additionally be helpful for video games the place the primary sport is unlocked with dlcs so it could all be in a single pkg (like some telltale video games).
This is a fast and soiled script and its additionally not one of the best ways to attain this, because it wants strings (of a certains minimal size) that aren’t necessary, which suggests its doable some video games wont work with this. If i’ve time i’d replace this with a greater technique.
Download and run ps4-5-eboot-dlc-patcher
How to make use of:
- Extract eboot.bin from replace (or base pkg in case you dont have an replace) and un-fself it.
- Load eboot.elf in IDA (Make certain you choose
PS4 - Main Module - ASLRkind when opening, in case you dont see this feature the eboot.bin is perhaps an fself nonetheless)
- Wait for evaluation to complete. The bar on the prime must be principally blue (Regular features)
- Go to File->Script file… and choose the python script from this repo.
- Follow the directions, in case you see
Patching fullyou’re good.
- Extract all recordsdata from the replace pkg.
- Replace the eboot.bin from the extracted replace pkg’s Image0 folder with our patched one (rename to eboot.bin)
- During the patching course of you have been requested to enter a listing of content material ids, the order of those are the order the brand new dlc folder must be like:
GEDLC00000000001 -> dlc0/ TRAUMAPACK000000 -> dlc1/ GEPREDLC00000001 -> dlc2/
Create these folders within the extracted replace’s Image0 folder, then extract the contents of every dlc’s Image0 to their respective dlcx/ folder
- Repack replace pkg and also you’re achieved
Source: by way of Echo Stretch