PlayStation Scene member and developer @Ifaicompa has launched PS5PM (PS5 Partition Mount), together with a proof-of-concept Customized Theme for the PS5. Replace: The discharge relies on the remount payload by John Tornblom (supply code obtain on the backside of the article).
What’s PS5PM (PS5 Partition Mount) and the way does it work?
PS5PM is a payload in your hacked PS5 that lets the system re-mount some partitions with writeable attributes.
As soon as that is performed, you possibly can then hearth up the PS5 FTP Payload, and entry your console’s onerous drive with an FTP shopper, to overwrite a few of the PS5’s theme recordsdata with your individual file, permitting you to customise your theme.
As a result of the recordsdata get bodily overwritten on the disk, the theme is technically everlasting, and can survive a reboot of the console.
The developer states that his payload is simply suitable with the BD-JB exploit presently (I’m unsure why this wouldn’t work on Webkit although?), so that you’ll have to create the corresponding ISO file to burn on a rewriteable Blu-Ray disc (folks working this exploit most likely know the drill by now)
Obtain and run PS5PM
- Since you are overwriting recordsdata in your console’s onerous drive, there may be non negligible threat of a brick if you happen to contact the unsuitable recordsdata. Proceed at your individual threat.
- Usually you need to be capable of get out of a “semi brick” by going into protected mode with the PS5 and set up a restoration firmware.
- The developer has acknowledged that this was examined on firmware 3.20. Compatibility of PS5PM with different firmwares is not sure
- You’ll be able to in fact exchange the pattern theme photos with a theme of your liking. It’s additionally seemingly you’ll must do some guide modifications of a few of the included pattern recordsdata to match your individual app folders, and so on… so contemplate the offered samples as…effectively, samples to get inspiration from.
- dds recordsdata needs to be 3840×2160